Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag fridge and both the fridge and the freezer…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag fridge and both the fridge and the freezer have stopped working. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to no avail. We had a technician replace a board in it about a year ago. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It may be about 6 or 7 years old. The model # is MBF2262HEW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends how complicated it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Are there any signs of life? Does the inside lights still turn on? Can you hear anything running?

the inside light is on, the motor runs but the fridge temp is set at 35 and the fridge was around 60 and the freezer temp is se to 0 and was about 40 or so.

OK, open the freezer door and look at the back wall. Is there frost covering the back wall? And do you hear a fan inside the freezer running?

I have unplugged my fridge. So, if you give me a few minutes, I will plug it in.So, there is no frost on the back wall but I will check on the fan

OK so the next thing to check is to pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the compressor running? And if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?

I need someone to help me with that so, can I get back to you in about an hour?

sure thing. Just reply right back here when ready.