Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to replace element switch on maytag mes5870aaw for…

Customer Question
I want to replace...

I want to replace element switch on maytag mes5870aaw for front dual burner how do I take front control panel off to replace switch do you have video or diagram

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

11 years old model number mes5870aaw ser number 32025426ee

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there is no video on how to remove this control panel but it is fairly easy if you know how. First, flip the breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven. Next, open the oven door and remove the screws coming in from below the control panel. Now pull the oven out about 6 inches. There are 2 screws coming in from the right and left side just behind the control panel that you need to remove on each side of the control panel. After those screws are removed and the ones coming in from the bottom are removed, you can grab the control panel and pull down and forward to remove the control panel. All the wires will still be attached to all the switches and the display board however.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?