Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just had a power outage. Everything in the house works…

Customer Question
We just had a...

We just had a power outage. Everything in the house works except the oven, I reset the circuit breakers. Is there something on the oven that needs to be reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It's been off due to the power outage for the past 2+ hours.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless I can't get it figured out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

LIke what?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the oven?

Jenn-Air, don't know model number. 4 burner, with an open flame grill replaceable unit. Electric oven.

Is the clock on at all or is the unit totally dead? If the unit is totally dead check the power to the unit at the terminal block where the cord connects. Make sure you have 240 volts to the unit. If you do I would need the complete model number to check the wiring for any sort of thermal fuse to the clock controller. Most Jenn Air units do not have that so there is a good chance the clock may have been damaged due to the outage. Check those things and if you can get me a model number great. I will be done for the night as it is 2:30am my time. I will be back in the morning. Just post and let me know if you need any more help.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician