Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I still have no ice after replacing the ice maker and the…

Customer Question
I still have no...

I still have no ice after replacing the ice maker and the the ice and water valve. I took the cover off the ice maker and the module wheel is spinning, but not calling for ice

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Jenn Air JCD2389 GES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked the temp in the freezer its about 0 degrees F

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

IS there water in the mold of the icemaker?

no

Ok I would say you have a water supply issue to the unit, is the fill tube iced up blocking water from entering? If you are not sure fill the mold up with about a large dixie cup of water and see if it dumps the ice in an hour or two. If it does then either the fill valve is bad, the supply of water to the unit is not good or you have an iced up fill line. Check that out and see and get back to me.

I have water coming through the door and I replaced the water and ice valve. I will fill with water to see if it produces ice

Ok if it does check the fill tube on the icemaker it is likely iced up and the issue.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Sorry fell asleep... I filled the mold up with water last night when we spoke last, and still did not produce ice. Water is frozen in ice molding tray

Can you pop the front cover off of the icemaker and do you have a jumper wire with stripped off ends to use? If so once the cover is off the icemaker you will see holes marked T and H put the jumper wire in those holes and tell me if the gear turns.

Would it be ok to do later ? I’m at work now till about 5:30

Yes for sure!

Hey I’m back.. So I connected T and H together with a jumper and the gears did not move