Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My husband was cleaning up a spill on the control panel and…

Customer Question
Hi. My husband...

Hi. My husband was cleaning up a spill on the control panel and obviously hit something that locked the oven, control panel, etc. I tripped the breaker and followed the instructions to reset to factory default (use preferences until it came to factory reset) but when I held my finger on that icon, it just asked me to reset the time and went back to lock. What now?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an Electrolux dual fuel about 7 years old. ES30DS65GS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. We are 55 miles from the service person.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm pretty computer/electronics savvy but am unsure what to do when the entire control panel display lights up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is it all dried out?

It wasn’t soaked. Just messy.

Ok so the control will not unlock when you try to unlock it?