Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to trouble shoot a bosch Axiss front loading washer,

Customer Question
Trying to trouble shoot...

Trying to trouble shoot a bosch Axiss front loading washer, but not finding anything on the problems I am having.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WFL2060UC/ 30 FD 8510 702374 WFL2060UC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

455100224336023479

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes - I am BROKE.... and I love the machines. So we started with the drum partially filling off and on when the machine was off. Thought we had a leak in the water fill valve. Wasn't overly problematic and wasn't leaking anywhere but into the drum... so we waited to fix it . Bad move. Put a load in today and the water filled the whole machine even with the drain running. Unplugged it and it kept filling and started pouring out of the soap dispenser. Turned off the cold and tried running just a hot load.... the machine starts to act normal, then does a fast spin and then stops for a couple of mins. Then does a fast spin (just around a couple of times, acts like an unbalanced load) before it just sits not doing anything I know I need to change the cold water intake valve, which is an easy fix... but is the weird spinning also a result of this? Or could the machine having flooded broken another element?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

Did you clean the water out of the base of the machine, under the tub?

Also, did enough water leak that the motor control that is mounted in the base of the cabinet may have gotten wet?

I cleared all the water. Cleared the filters. It was like a hose on full blast was spraying out the soap dispenser. I can turn it on just hot (since cold is broke!) It starts to fill, then just almost does 3 seco ds on a full spin. Then sits quite for about 3 mins, and does it again and again. Sounds like it gets to a rinse. Drains properly on its own too (again, with cold off)
I dont know how far up the motor is, but machine was in a laundry catch tub (white one from lowes) that was overflowing with water. Maybe 2 inches?

Well, it won't cycle correctly with no cold water because the temperature sensor will suspend the cycle. It won't rinse, either. So, without having cold water available we can't really do much as far as troubleshooting it. The motor control is mounted right on the base of the machine, so it may have gotten wet. I would replace the cold valve and then we can revisit if there are other issues after replacing it.

It looks like on this model the control is integrated, so there would not have been any issue with it getting wet down below.

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician