Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old maytag dryer that spins very slowly. Took it…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old maytag dryer that spins very slowly. Took it far enough apart to confirm the belt looked good, the tensioner appeared to keep the belt tight, the motor pulley looked good. The belt and motor are less than 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maytag MDG4806AWW from the 1990's (original owner)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm seeing a blog that references bad drum rollers that may be seized

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I took the dryer apart again, this time removing the drum. The rollers and idler pulley all spin freely ( idler spins a little less free than the rear rollers. I already replaced the motor two years ago but am wondering if the motor is beginning to fail. But not sure how to tell for sure. No unusual noises, just Superuisor slow motion spinning of the drum

with everything you have checked the only other logical part is the motor being the issue.

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.