Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I think my washer drain pump has failed - other than

Customer Question
I think my washer...

I think my washer drain pump has failed - other than replacing it and testing, how can I tell if that is what the problem is?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kenmore model 110.47512601 (type 832), about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, yes, but it depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine was running with a small load. when I checked on it, ALL the water was on the floor, and it sounded like a ball bearing was spinning around inside the machine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If all the water was on the floor check the tub boot first for a rip or tear. Open the door and peel the boot back and check it thoroughly. If that is good grab the bottom edge of the inner drum and lift up is there play in the inner drum up and down?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks! If you need more help just let me know.