Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had a code on my washer which I had never seen I think in…

Customer Question
I had a code...

I had a code on my washer which I had never seen I think in was IH and now I can't get it to do anything and the light above the normal wash button is flashing. I have locked and unlocked the control panel and yet nothing has helped. It is 12 years old, #8575637.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 12 years old and the it is a whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner 3.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you think it would cost less to just buy a new one or repair? What could be wrong? And What does the blinking light above the normal wash button mean and the code it gave on the time screen?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

IH just means you had a 1 hour delay set, but the blinking light above the normal wash button means you have a shorted touch control panel. Try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the touch control panel at the top of your door would need to be replaced to fix this issue and the cost of the part along is about $130 typically. If you had a technician replace the part for you, it would be another $150 for trip and labor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?