Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My refrigerator is not making ice. I was told to change the

Second opinion] My refrigerator is...
Second opinion] My refrigerator is not making ice. I was told to change the filter and that might resolve the issue. Unfortunately it didn't. I called Appliance Solutions where I bought it and they told me to call Whirlpool. Any help??JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?Customer: Model WRF997SDDM00 Serial No. K43412796 I have had it about 25 monthsJA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?Customer: If I canJA: Anything else we should know to help you best?Customer: It is not making ice. When I put my finger in the tray I don't feel any water so I guess something is causing it to not get water???
Answered in 1 day by:
12/14/2017
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you. Is the door water still working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Water works. Just no ice. The last guy said it was the water inlet valve. I bought one and come to find out there are two. I found the one located on the back at the bottom. I cannot find the other one. It has to be inside somewhere toward the top but I can't figure out how to get to it.

Yeah, it is a bit of a job to get to. I will get you instructions. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!

The attached pages show how to access the area where the valve is (up by the ice maker). It looks a lot harder than what it is, though. I will caution you that the plastic pressure tabs tend to break when cold, so I usually warm that area up in the front with a hair dryer or allow the box to warm to room temp (obviously the food will be displaced). That valve up there has been very problematic so I suspect once replaced it will be fine.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

0fe3c482-710b-4436-9e3f-...jpg0fe3c48...jpg4b676798-8e34-4d66-a508-...jpg4b67679...jpgc8dca57e-e0e7-4a4a-8c31-...jpgc8dca57...jpg
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you and yes I will rate you.

Thank you very much!

Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I changed it out, pretty easy with your help getting the instructions.However, it's been about an hour and the tray I said not filling up with water.Any suggestions????

It won't fill until the ice maker is cold and the thermostat closes to allow a harvest. Let me know if you still have no ice.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I let it set all night. Still no ice.

Ice maker still dry?

If you manually fill the ice maker with water, does it dump the cubes in a few hours?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's still try. I'll try to fill it and see if it dumps and let you know.

Okay, keep me posted. Thank you!

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician