Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL DUET AND I THINK I PUT TO HEAVY OF A LOAD…

Customer Question
I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL...

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL DUET AND I THINK I PUT TO HEAVY OF A LOAD IN. A ALARM WAS SET OFF AND I HELD DOWN THE UNLOCK BUTTOM FOR 3 SECONDS BUT IT DIDN'T UNLOCK. LONG STORY SHORT NO BUTTONS WORK NOW, BUT ENGINE IS RUNNING AND DOING NOTHING. I UNPLUG FOR A HOUR , STILL RUNNING AND DOING NOTHING AND NO BUTTONS WORK

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MODEL (WFW72HEDW) LESS THAN 10 YEARS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

THINKING IT MIGHT BE A EASY FIX?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The lock button is NOT a door lock it is the control lock .that is why no buttons now will respond .

So let`s press and hold the control lock button for 3 seconds or until the control lock light goes out . .

There is no light on the control lock button, the only light working is the light on top saying door locked and it is blinking
NoNo I’ll try this first
Control lock button does not light up or do anything anymore, Only thing working is door locked button blinking on top and the engine is running
Are you still there?
How long does it take to get a answer?
My husband got it to work when he got home from work, if you could refund the $5 on PayPal that would be great.
Thank You, Shelley