Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile fridge is not cooling in freezer or fridge. It…

My GE Profile fridge...

My GE Profile fridge is not cooling in freezer or fridge. It is a top freezer. about 8 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 8 yrs old. the bar code sticker on the back has these letters and numbers: PTS22SCSARSSHL302150

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possiible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge is humming when plugged in, I took the bottom back plate off, the fan is not moving. The temp readout inside the fridge is 44 for freezer and 47 for fridge. This fridge has an automatic ice maker which is not hooked up to water and is turned off.

12/12/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

the fridge is humming when plugged in, I took the bottom back plate off, the fan is not moving. The "drum" connected/ next to the fan is warm, but not really vibrating. There is more of vibration in the round enclosed part to the left. The temp readout inside the fridge is 44 for freezer and 47 for fridge. This fridge has an automatic ice maker which is not hooked up to water and is turned off.

OK that means the compressor is not running, the issue on this unit 99% of the time is the rear board is bad. On the back of the unit up high you should see a rectangular cover. Remove that and you will find the board. Change that out and you should be good to go again!...CLICK HERE PART it is a plug and play board easy to change.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician