Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore 385 machine that apparently needs a

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore 385 machine that apparently needs a computer board replaced. Is this something I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will need to get that info. I will reconnect when I have this in hand. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can't find a local repairman. Probably need to do it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model***********and probably 20 years old

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

A bit of the unit has to come apart the housing has to be separated to do it, but if you are handy you can do it!...Here is a link to the board and breakdown so you can see how it is in there.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I have done other research and have spoken on line with Sears appliance people and have been advised that the part # I need is###-##-####and not###-##-####and the cost is $14.00. not $300+ that you advise. I also need a 3.15 amp fuse. I was interested in instructions for installing the P-board and fuse. The machine I have did not cost the $300+ that you advised is needed for repair. Unless you feel you know more about this than I have been able to learn, please advise, otherwise you apparently won't get paid and I am out $5.00