Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Handle came off gas oven due to loose screws. This caused…

Handle came off gas...

Handle came off gas oven due to loose screws. This caused front part of door to separate thus slightly bending its own hinges. These cannot be unscrewed due to a shroud, which itself is screwed from under the door, so cannot be removed with the door on. Everything I look at is a catch-22.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchenaid 11 years old. No obvious model name. Gas convection.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not overly difficult.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I have tools, etc. but need to know how to reattach the two door pieces and it looks like they have to start completely apart somehow, to slide the tops in first.

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

It looks to be rubbed off
Model KGSA906PSS02
Ok
Did you get the model number?
Still there?
Sorry I should have ignored the phone call offer. I will be patient.

Yes got the model stand by please.

You have to take the door off and set it on a table to work on it do you know how to take the door off the unit?

No I don’t know how...that is the main issue I think.

Ok stand by getting it!

Here is how you remove the door....CLICK HERE, if you need more help just post back

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician