Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytg Bravo Washer Model # MVWX500XL1. It washes…

Customer Question
I have a Maytg...

I have a Maytg Bravo Washer Model # MVWX500XL1. It washes but when it gets to the rinse cycle it fills with water then stops. It makes a few clicking noises like to wants to continue through the rinse cycle but it does not. You can power down then power up and manual turn it to rinse and spin and it will pump out the water but it wont spin. You can power down power up and manually turn it to drain and spin and it will spin and drain out the load. Whats keeping it from normally running through the cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it in 2012 Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Anytime John, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Anytime John
Anytime John, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for your question. I will do my best to assist you with the issues you are having with your machine.

I would like to have you put the machine into the Service/Diagnostics mode so that we can view any stored fault codes. Please follow the procedure below to activate this mode:

ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODES
1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).
2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob.
NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob one click counterclockwise to clear sequence.
a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
d. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click and wait ½ second.
e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

Successful activation of this test mode will be indicated by all status LED’s flashing ON and OFF in half-second intervals.

Next, we must enter the Fault Code Display Mode. To do this,

Turn the cycle selector knob clockwise until the status LED’s or display correspond as follows:

- Only the 'Done' LED is illuminated. (Or the right-most LED if your machine has this labeled differently, i.e. 'Complete')

Then, press the 'Start' button to enter the mode.

To view last 4 fault codes:
Turn cycle selector knob clockwise to view fault codes in the order of most recent to oldest.

Fault/Error Code Display Method
Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LED’s and display (if display exists) in one-second intervals. All fault/error codes have an F# ***** an E#. The F# ***** “Type of Fault” and the E# ***** “Component system where fault is located.”
*If the Sensing LED is ON, the Fault Number is *****; if OFF, the Error Number is ***** The remaining LED’s (Wash, Rinse, Spin, and Done) represent the fault and error code.

If your machine has a display, it will display the fault codes in an easy to read way, e.g. F4, E1. If it does not, we will have to read them with the corresponding status LED's (Wash, Rinse, Spin, and Done). Please respond back here with your findings, which LED's are lit for each part of each fault code. Remember that each fault code has two parts - the F number and the E number. The LED's will constantly shift between displaying the F# ***** E# ***** each stored fault code.