Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have upright freezer. I plugged it in and turned the

Customer Question
I have upright freezer...

I have upright freezer. I plugged it in and turned the control knob on. It sounds like it is trying to come on but doesn't kicked in, the compressor

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

CFU1536ARW -YES I HAVE CHECKED THE SETTING

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NOT SURE JUST TRYING TO SEEIF I AM DOINF SOMETHING WRONG

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just moved this freezer to another location (house) could this be a problem wasn't on its side kept upright

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the compressor trying to start and then clicking off or what exactly is it doing?

it is trying to start then clicks off

How long has it been doing that?

Just started

Thank you. Can you get to the compressor and unplug the freezer?

i have it unplugged

On the side of the compressor is the start relay (see number 7 below). Can you pull it off the compressor and shake it? Does it rattle?

CLICK HERE

it doesn't rattle

Okay, and had it been unlplugged for at least 20 minutes after moving it and plugging it back in?

at least 20 minutes or more

Hmm, odd that it is not starting. Is the compressor real hot?

No not hot at all

Okay, so it may be that the relay has failed, the compressor lock ed up or it just needs to equalize the pressures. What I would do is leave it unplugged for 30 minutes then plug it back in. If the same thing happens, replace the relay, available below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Thanks I will do that

Sounds good, thank you!

Did the freezer come back to life?

No it didn’t come back to life

Hopefully that new relay will solve the issue. If it does not, the compressor is faulty.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Thanks

You are very welcome, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician