Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge frig mod. TBX18KKE condenser fan cycles for 5 seconds and…

Customer Question
Ge frig mod. TBX18KKE...

Ge frig mod. TBX18KKE condenser fan cycles for 5 seconds and shuts off. clicking noise also. Could this be a bad guardette?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

That is the model # from inside and it's proably 20+ years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Will freon cause fan to cycle? Maybe the guardette is doing it's job.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the compressor cycling off as well?

No

OK so the compressor is running fine?

John, Home Appliance Technician