Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

In the spring of 2011 we purchased a Kenmore Electric Range…

Customer Question
In the spring of...

In the spring of 2011 we purchased a Kenmore Electric Range Model # 790 from a store in Keene, NH. I seldom use the oven but today I tried to clean the oven. I selected, "Select Clean" and pressed ^, the door locked light flashed and made a lot of noise, then I had the F90 message and the window blinked and beeped. I unplugged the range and waited a long time. When I plugged it in again I had the same problems. I tried to "bake" and that didn't work and I had to unplug it again so it would be quiet. Can you help me? I am not aware that my son, who owns the house, purchased an extended warranty. If he did it would be under the name Jonathan Wildes from Alstead, NH

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I purchased it in the spring of 2011, that would make it almost 6 years old. The model is 790. It is a range, not a built in model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I should be able to clean this oven by myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you would read my message you would know what my problem is. Can you please help me or send me to someone who can?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

You have sent you message to the web site JUST ANSWER , this is the appliance category .

This web site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacture , or any extended warranty companies, this web site is only an appliance DIY site that assist customers in repairing their own appliances .

Are you sure you have the correct web site?

Sears sent me to you. I can't clean my self-cleaning oven.
No, I just spent $5.00. I have the instruction book but it doesn't work when I follow it.

We have nothing to do with Sears , This site may have had a link on the sears site.

And I can assist you in diagnosis and even give you a link to a part if one is needed but this is a Pay for web site.

The $5.00 was only a deposit for the answer to your appliance question.

I you will not help me I want my $5.00 back and I do not want to be a member of this site.
John, Home Appliance Technician