Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag gas dryer that suddenly stopped working

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag gas dryer that suddenly stopped working after a storm blew through with multiple power outages. It will start, but shuts off within 30 seconds to 1 minute

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes, it was purchased in 2006 and is a model MDG5806AWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The main control/selection knob has illuminated selection choices that are illuminating consistently. It used to rotate selection lights when turning the knob, and now its not doing that consistently

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok, thanks

The only thing that would cause the dryer to shut down mid cycle would be the dryer thinking the door has opened, or a bad timer control board inside the control panel. Now the door switch couldn't cause the knob to not light up and make selections properly so this is definitely just a bad board which was likely shorted from the power outage you have. The part number you need to order and replace is W10756689 and it's about $160 or so at Searspartsdirect.com. There is no way to just reset this issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I received a response that says you were not able to charge my credit card, but my credit card site shows the transaction processed for $5. What is the issue or error?

There shouldn't be an issue, I think that is if you selected a phone option but you can ignore that. Here is the answer I gave you if you didn't get that.

QUOTE:

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc