Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We are trying to repair the broken glass on our oven and…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to repair the broken glass on our oven and cannot remove the door handle?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE JCB830SF1SS bought in 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We had hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If we could remove the old glass, the new replacement is here and it should all go back together

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You have to separate the panels on the door. First remove the bottom edge screws and side screws to get the inner porcelain panel separated from the outer one. After that you can get to the screws for the door handle...see breakdown image here....CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

the diagram sent does not match the oven door we have. the replacement glass is too expensive for us to take a chance trying to repair ourselves. we will request a repairman to come to the house.

Is it the upper door?