Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Dryer that has power but will not start.

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Dryer that has power but will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s a Samsung “moisture sensor”

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I press the start button, I can hear a clicking noise like it’s trying to kick on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. There are a couple screws on the back edge remove them and slide the top back and straight off then you will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. if that is attached type then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a couple links to help you out to do this repair.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!