Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Model #GTD3044-RB02 glass cooktop has a burner…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool Model #GTD3044-RB02...

My Whirlpool Model #GTD3044-RB02 glass cooktop has a burner that will not adjust and only runs on high. Thoughts??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old. Model is #GTD3044-RB02 glass cooktop Serial # XU4600583

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if its practicle, not too complicated

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the burner only runs on high and it won't regulate the temperature, the burner itself isn't the problem. The switch which your knob attaches to under the glass top needs to be replaced for that burner. There are 2 different switches depending on if the burner is a single element or a dual ring burner. Below is a link to both switches depending on which burner switch you need. The cooktop will need to be completely uninstalled so you can remove the glass top to replace the switch if you wanted to replace the part yourself.

CLICK HERE for dual burner switch

CLICK HERE for single switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Great. In your opinion is this something that a homeowner like me can do?

If you're handy yes. For instance if you work on your own cars and such for small things, this should be something you can handle.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?