Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I defrost the freezer on my Thermador T-30? I lost…

Customer Question
How do I defrost...

How do I defrost the freezer on my Thermador T-30? I lost the owner's manual.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Make is Thermador and the only info I could find because the refrigator is built into a cabinet and I can't get to the face of the doors. This is what I got off the label on the inside door: T30IF800SP/04 FD 9206 100125.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I have instructions. I can't beleive that it takes a technician to come out and defrost the freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes the freezer door sticks periodically for about five to ten minuste4s probably beuase it needs to be defrosted and reset.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

That model is frost free, it should not need defrosting. Is it just icing up on the floor or on the back wall?

It is icing up in both areas.

Okay, so it has a component in the defrost circuit that has failed. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?