Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Jenn air not self-cleaning door will not lock - model

Customer Question
Jenn air not self-cleaning...

Jenn air not self-cleaning door will not lock - model jes9900bas20

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just replace to COntrol panel and this is the first time I've tried to clean since then. Also removed the door due to a failed bake element.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It is most likely that the door lock has failed.

1. Any error codes come up on the display when you try to self clean?
  2. Does it make any noise by the top of the door, like grinding or buzzing?
No error codes. The clean option functions until the message appears ‘ Close door’ even with the door closed. I do not hear any latch noise.
  1. Is the oven light on when you see that message?
  2. Does the oven light work if selected to be on?
The oven light will not come on.

Do you know if the oven light bulb is good?

I believe the oven's door switch is faulty and not telling the control that the door is closed. It is accessed fro replacement by removing the control panel. Those instructions are attached!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Not sure

CLICK HERE