Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a dwp61ES and connected the inlet and outlet lines.

Customer Question
Hi, we have a...

Hi, we have a dwp61ES and connected the inlet and outlet lines. The water is rushing inside and leaking out the bottom and there are no apparent leaks at the inlet or outlet. we have not yet turned on the power. why does the water rush in when the power is off? Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It has never been plugged in. We connected water lines before we plugged it in

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine is new and being hooked up for the first time. the input is being hooked up to a Y connector, which also goes to the clothes washer. The output is inserted into the drain stand pipe for the washing machine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
we finally turned it on and it is on its first cycle now. I'm thinking it was because we hooked the water up and did not turn it on so water could cycle out. At any rate, it is going to run another hour and as far as I know it is working.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you still need any help?

No thanks