Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will not heat. Checked the element and other switches…

Customer Question
Dryer will not heat...

Dryer will not heat. Checked the element and other switches on heater unit and all checked out. Then dryer worked for a while before stopping again. Could it be electronics? Model dv405etpawr/aa

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung. Provided model in previous message. Four years old approximately.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I took heater unit out and checked the coil and two switches with multimeter. Seemed like cycling the power may have been responsible for it working for a short time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the unit run?

So the heater ohmed out fine and so did all high limits?

The heater element checked and the two switches showed continuity.

If that is happening get to the main control board and remove the two large heater wires off the heater relay and jumper them together use a jumper wire or piece of metal to connect them and start the unit and see if the heater heats, if it does the board is bad. If it does not let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!