Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need to remove my kitchenaid ice maker to determine the…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove my kitchenaid ice maker to determine the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model number KFIS25XVMS2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I simply want to remove the unit to see how it works. Ibelieve there may be some ice buildup which is causing it to fail

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This icemaker is fairly involved to remove because you must remove a plastic cover that hides the wire harness along the bottom left corner of the ice compartment area after removing the bucket. Then you can disconnect the wire harness and pull the icemaker forward and out but the icemaker comes with the entire back compartment with the ice auger and such. Below is a link to a video that shows you the process.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is this an extra $24 to just talk?

You can ignore the phone option---the site sends that automatically but in this case I don't think it would really help since I have sent you a video. But yes it is an additional $24 for a phone option---again I didn't send that.

Here is what I wrote:

CLICK HERE for video

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc