Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice cube maker works but the water does not. 5 years…

Customer Question
The ice cube maker...

The ice cube maker works but the water does not

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

5 years rs265tors samsong

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No but one tech has looked at and was unable to correct

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? Also when was the last time you changed the water filter and are you sure you have not turned the dispenser off?

Tried the hard reset and the water is turned on also we change the filter every six months.
No change.

so then all that makes sense is that you have a problem with the water inlet valve itself having went out and needing to be replaced.

I ​wanted to check in with you to see if you were needing anything else since I haven't heard back from you.