Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed the filter on my refrigerator and now my ice maker…

I changed the filter...

I changed the filter on my refrigerator and now my ice maker isn't working.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

KSRT25C, 11 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple fix.

Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Are you sure you used the right water filter? Did you turn the water back on after doing it? Did you flush up to 4 gallons of water to get air out of the lines after changing the filter? How long has it been since you changed the filter. Ex. an hour or more?

We used the filter we’ve always used. We didn’t turn off the water to change the filter!��
We changed the filter several days ago.

ok now what about flushing water through the lines? Did you do that?

did that too.

ok were you having problems with the ice maker before changing it out? Is water dispensing out normal?

We’ve changed this filter so many times....this is just weird.

I totally understand. You may want to try taking the filter out and putting it back in just to make sure its secure in there. Also the ice maker was working before changing the filter correct?

no problem with the ice maker before. My husband did take the filter out and put it back in. Just wondering if we are missing something obvious!

no​w does the front of your unit have a water on/off button? Or ice maker on/off button?

There is an ice maker on/off inside the freezer. It is ON, but the light is red.
Just checked again, now there is no light on with the Ice Maker on/off switch in the freezer.

ok lets try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. Turn the ice maker off then turn it back on in hopes of doing a reset.

OK.

keep me posted.

Since I get water from the front, the line must be ok, right?

y​es it should be. The only way to know will be to wait. It can take up to 24 hrs for the rest of the ice maker to work. I don't forsee any reason beyond that would cause it to stop working so its a pretty safe bet the reset did the trick and making sure its on. In the event it does not work your more then welcome to follow up with me on here again if needed. Just bookmark this page.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Did you see the picture I included of the Ice Maker on/off in the freezer?

yes I did see the button