Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I changed the filter on my refrigerator and now my ice maker

isn't working. JA: What's the make...
I changed the filter on my refrigerator and now my ice maker isn't working.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: KSRT25C, 11 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is a simple fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Are you sure you used the right water filter? Did you turn the water back on after doing it? Did you flush up to 4 gallons of water to get air out of the lines after changing the filter? How long has it been since you changed the filter. Ex. an hour or more?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We used the filter we’ve always used. We didn’t turn off the water to change the filter!��
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We changed the filter several days ago.

ok now what about flushing water through the lines? Did you do that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did that too.

ok were you having problems with the ice maker before changing it out? Is water dispensing out normal?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We’ve changed this filter so many times....this is just weird.

I totally understand. You may want to try taking the filter out and putting it back in just to make sure its secure in there. Also the ice maker was working before changing the filter correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no problem with the ice maker before. My husband did take the filter out and put it back in. Just wondering if we are missing something obvious!

no​w does the front of your unit have a water on/off button? Or ice maker on/off button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is an ice maker on/off inside the freezer. It is ON, but the light is red.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just checked again, now there is no light on with the Ice Maker on/off switch in the freezer.

ok lets try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. Turn the ice maker off then turn it back on in hopes of doing a reset.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK.

keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since I get water from the front, the line must be ok, right?

y​es it should be. The only way to know will be to wait. It can take up to 24 hrs for the rest of the ice maker to work. I don't forsee any reason beyond that would cause it to stop working so its a pretty safe bet the reset did the trick and making sure its on. In the event it does not work your more then welcome to follow up with me on here again if needed. Just bookmark this page.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

travis webb
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you see the picture I included of the Ice Maker on/off in the freezer?

yes I did see the button

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb