Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The fabric softener will not completely drain in a wash

Customer Question
The fabric softener will...

The fabric softener will not completely drain in a wash cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bosch Nexxt 500. 8 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model WFMC3301UC

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, check to make sure that your dispenser is draining properly and it isn't clogged. Clean out the dispenser and softener compartment. Pour a cup of water into the softener compartment quickly until it starts to overflow. It should then siphon the water out and if so that means the unit is definitely clean.

If the dispenser is clean, then you need to replace your cold water electronic water valve. This water valve has 2 solenoids. Once for the softner and one to fill the tub. The solenoid that fills the tub can be working normally while the softner solenoid will fail to open as far as it needs and will either not send water into the softner compartment at all, or will only fill very slowly leaving diluted softner in the compartment at the end of the cycle. Here is a link to the part you need to replace. This is the part that the cold water fill hose connects to on the back of the washer.

CLICK HERE for valve

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?