Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My miele gas stove...the flames are more orange than blue.

Customer Question
My miele gas stove...the...

My miele gas stove...the flames are more orange than blue. what does this mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About three years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. it is a dual file range. I'm not sure about the model and I can't open the oven right now There is something in it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I live in the Allentown PA area. If it needs to be repaired, who do I call? The place where it was purchased does not service appliances.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I know how frustrating this can be.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago

your flame should be blue so a mostly orange flame means their is incomplete combustion happening, your stove is not burning the methane properly which means there will carbon monoxide being released in to your kitchen which is very dangerous. Do not attempt to work on the oven yourself. You must be competent to do so. You need to get a gas service engineer around asap its important you get someone in to fix this matter.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 2 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb