Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We bought whirlpool double wall ovens from Ikjea on a

Customer Question
We bought whirlpool double...

We bought whirlpool double wall ovens from Ikjea on a promotion kitchen sale. We are not happy with them. The internal fan is loud and the bottom oven does not heat evenly. Is this typical or did we just get a bad oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 18 months old and we didn't get the model # be3cause it was one of those things we were supposed to download online

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. If this is typical for these ovens we will probably replace it fairly soon.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I guess I am looking for a review and that is hard without the model # but generally are there this type of problems with cheaper whirlpool models

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The noise is 100% normal and commonly complained about because the cooling fan is turning on and must circulate a lot of air so the oven doesn't overheat. Other than that, the bottom oven't shouldn't heat unevenly. If it's not heating evenly you may need a technician out to check and make sure the door is sealing up or give the oven longer to preheat so the temperature inside is more even when baking.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

is there a model that is not so noisy

Not for Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Maytag, or Jenn Air. They are all made by Whirlpool and all the same (they also make Ikea models). Viking is even louder, but Wolf seems to be more quite as well as GE monogram.