Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Bosch dishwasher started making a rumbling sound. It…

Customer Question
Our Bosch dishwasher started...

Our Bosch dishwasher started making a rumbling sound. It sound sort of like there's a large truck idling outside. We've had it for approx. three years and it's always been amazingly quiet. The other day the cycle wouldn't reset so my husband switched the breaker and we were able to start it. It wasn't running when we switched the breaker off but ever since we did that it making this sound it also is vibrating the floor much more than normal.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hold on I'm checking. It was installed 06/13

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's a Bosch 500 series according to the reciept

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I guess that would depend on how complicated the repair is.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

From the sounds of this its the antiflood switch thats been activated which is keeping the drain pump running all the time.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Thank you. We'll try it. It's running a load right now so I'll have to wait until it's done

No worries thats fine.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks