Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler, My gas dryer takes a time to dry. I've followed your…

Customer Question
Tyler, My gas dryer takes a...
Tyler,
My gas dryer takes a long time to dry. I've followed your discussion with another customer on here. i have checked the selenoids (both) and they pass the test. The same with the cycling thermostat. I get a flame.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

GE. DCVH515GFWW

ok If you have a flame the issue is not the gas valve coils ,

What is the temperature that is coming out of the dryer exhaust?

That I don't know. It is fairly warm tho

ok a standard dryer exhaust temp is around 150 -175 degrees when the heat is on

And if you have a flame how long is the flame staying on for?

I have to take off the front panel just to see the burner. I didn't let it go for more than 30 seconds, don't want to damage drum
I can put it back together and check exhaust temps if that is what you need

ok if the burner is cycling off , it is not going to damage the drum at all?

And when your running the dryer do you have damp clothes in the dryer?

This front loader dryer door supports the drum while operating. Removing the front panel and turning on the dryer lets the drum rotate without support.
Mo
No clothes in dryer
Checking temp now. So far less than 100 degrees Just warm. Don't think flame stays on, but can't see flame while runnimg
This dryer has a dry temp setting. You can select clown low med hi and antibacterial. Could this be a problem?

No the switch should not have anything do do with the flame it just sends a signal to the control it is not inline with the flame circuit..

Have you tested the voltage out of the heater relay on the control board to see if it is giving voltage to the burner coils or if it is what is dropping out ?

I f not that is what I would test first.

Test the blue wire to chassis ground when you have voltage on that wire from the relay the control board is calling for heat .

there is voltage on blue wire
Flame stays on for about 10 seconds. Then dryer shuts off

ok so the entire unit shuts off not just the flame?

I did not do this yesterday

ok so if the unit is turning off after only running for a short time .

You have an electronic control board issue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .

This is not a free web site.

Master Tech
Master Tech