Washing machine won't start and showing error codes. Maytag…

Washing machine won't start...

Washing machine won't start and showing error codes

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Maxima - about 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Maxima - about 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Error codes: F06 and E01 alternating

12/11/2017
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just need to replace the MCU.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I want to replace the MCU, how much would it cost and where would I get it? Also, what's entailed in installing it?

The part is about $250 typically and you can get it at Searspartsdirect.com with a full model number. As for accessing the part, just pull the washer forward and remove all the screws coming in from the back of the sheet metal panel. Remove the back sheet metal panel and you can reach under the tub to replace the MCU mounted to the floor below the tub.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
E02 and F06 error codes are flashing what do I do now.
E02 and F06 error codes are flashing what do I do now … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Maytag Maxima washer - it is showing F OG and E01
I have a Maytag Maxima washer - it is showing F OG and E01 and right now is not working. What does this mean? … read more
Appliance Technician,
Pearl, I have a front loading Maytag Maxima Washer
Hi, Pearl, I have a front loading Maytag Maxima Washer displaying error codes E01 and F09 … read more
Austin
Austin
Stop searching for answers—
We have a front loading Maytag Maxima and i quit on us with
We have a front loading Maytag Maxima and i quit on us with an error message of F06 and E02, can you explain? … read more
Austin
Austin
I too have a maytag maxima, error codes F9 E01. Door remains
I too have a maytag maxima, error codes F9 E01. Door remains llocked after unplugging for 30 min, plugging back in amd waiting for 30 min,etc … read more
Austin
Austin
I have a Maytag Maxima frontload washer: Model # MHW7000XW2.
I have a Maytag Maxima frontload washer: Model # MHW7000XW2. I can't get it to start. When I press the start button, the door locks (and the door locked sign lights up) but nothing happens. Have tried… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
What do failure codes for washing machine indicate, L06 and
What do failure codes for washing machine indicate, L06 and E04. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a whirlpool front loading washing machine. It's
Hi, We have a whirlpool front loading washing machine. It's giving an error code ER 01 F06. Can you give us some advice? My name is*****: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to cla… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Imhabe a maytag maxima displaying f06 e01 error code. About
Imhabe a maytag maxima displaying f06 e01 error code. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have error code F:06 E:01 on my Maytag Maxima washer. 3
I have error code F:06 E:01 on my Maytag Maxima washer. … read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
I have a maytag duet model MHW6000XW2 giving me trouble
I have a maytag duet model MHW6000XW2 giving me trouble codes F06 & E01 … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There
I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There was an error F06 E01 … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Maytag washer(Maxima)with a E01 F06 error
Hello, I have a Maytag washer(Maxima)with a E01 F06 error code.You told me previously to change the CCU.I did.Now the door won't lock,and the door lock lite keeps flashing.… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a whirlpool duet washer model Wfw94hexw2 that
Hello I have a whirlpool duet washer model Wfw94hexw2 that won't start and is given a F06 E01 error code it won't start and washer and door lock assembly stay locked even after powered off… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Maytag Maxima washer and I am getting a F06 on the
I have a Maytag Maxima washer and I am getting a F06 on the screen and it won't start. What does F06 mean… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Maxima shows error 02 and F6. Door locked with clothes in
(Maytag Washer) Maxima shows error 02 and F6. Door locked with clothes in it. Any chance this is an easy fix? Or should I get a service call?… read more
Owner,
My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn
My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn it on. It locks and then does nothing. Eventually it will flash E01 and F06. Please help me. Julie… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
have a maytag maxima washing machine that stopped in cycle
have a maytag maxima washing machine that stopped in cycle during a power failure. am now getting error message on display screen E01 F06 and the door is locked. have unplugged the machine several tim… read more
Home Appliance Technician,