Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer mav7650AWW noisy on slowdown after spin.

Customer Question
Maytag washer mav7650AWW...

Maytag washer mav7650AWW noisy on slowdown after spin

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mav7650AWW and I do not know exact age

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Used to be a service tec for sears

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it's just noisy during the slowdown after the spin (extract ) cycle

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This noise you're getting is after the spin cycle is the brake assembly going out. The bake will need to be replaced. The problem is you need is a specialty tool to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you'd need as well as a video on how to replace it, but the tool is no longer sold so you probably would need a technician to replace the brake.

CLICK HERE for brake liner

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.