Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 12 yr old Maytag Range. Today I started the auto…

Customer Question
I have a 12...

I have a 12 yr old Maytag Range. Today I started the auto clean . I followed the instructions in the manual which came with the product. The door locked but the clean cycle did not begin. I waited four or five minutes and then cancelled the process.The door did not unlock. I repeated the process with the same result. The door remains locked. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 12 year old machine. It is a 12 year old Precision Touch 700 Electric Smoothtop.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, hopefully.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Such as?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag Range . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Please give me the model number found by pulling the front drawer out.

MER5775QAS

Great. One moment while I look that up.

I am not happy with this process. Cancel this request please.