Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new Maytag top loading high efficiency washer. I…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Maytag top loading high efficiency washer. I began a load of wash and after a short time a chime came on and the estimated cycle time display said LF. What does that men? I rearranged the towels and started the load over but the same thing happened again. then it turned off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This is just a question. There is not need to do work. I am trying to learn how the washer works.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is really simple. What does LF in the cycle time mean?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Hello, I want to cover a few things before we begin. First there is a delay in responses this is not Skype or texting so please only reply after you receive a reply from me. Please do not reply multiple times with”hello?? where are you?? what's going on etc..... that will only delay a response even further as this has to travel through the server and site to get to me and there is more than one question going on so please be patient if you can not do that just let me know. Secondly this is not a free service, I work on the site and can not work for free just like you likely do not work for free so please keep that in mind and use the rating system when done to credit my time. Third, the site will send you offers for phone calls subscriptions etc... That is not me sending you the information even though it may appear that way. You can accept that if you want to, but please do not get mad at me for any offer sent to you by the site. Lastly I need the make and model of the appliance, check the frame edges with the door,lid,drawer open on the unit. The models typically start with 3-4 letters unless it is a Kenmore product. Please post that if you have not and lets begin.

Just post the model please when you have it and the LF code means LONG FILL. The unit is not seeing water enter the unit.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!