Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven won't heat.Touched "Bake,"sStart On",and + button for…

Customer Question
Oven won't heat.Touched "Bake,"sStart...

Oven won't heat.Touched "Bake,"sStart On",and + button for temp.Wife ha s

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

No.GE range.Model jgbp33weh5ww. serial# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on what the problem is.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Hello, I want to cover a few things before we begin. First there is a delay in responses this is not Skype or texting so please only reply after you receive a reply from me. Please do not reply multiple times with”hello?? where are you?? what's going on etc..... that will only delay a response even further as this has to travel through the server and site to get to me and there is more than one question going on so please be patient if you can not do that just let me know. Secondly this is not a free service, I work on the site and can not work for free just like you likely do not work for free so please keep that in mind and use the rating system when done to credit my time. Third, the site will send you offers for phone calls subscriptions etc... That is not me sending you the information even though it may appear that way. You can accept that if you want to, but please do not get mad at me for any offer sent to you by the site. Lastly I need the make and model of the appliance, check the frame edges with the door,lid,drawer open on the unit. The models typically start with 3-4 letters unless it is a Kenmore product. Please post that if you have not and lets begin.

Answer:

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If it is not glowing you can test the ignitor for 120 volts to the ingitor with a volt meter. If it has power to it is bad for sure. Now if it is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist and a part link for your unit. The video is for reference only note it is not your specific unit, but procedurally the same repair.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician