Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to adjust the temp on the refrigerator. It keep…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to adjust the temp on the refrigerator. It keep going back to a very low temp and everything is freezing in the refrigerator model # PS123NCNA WW SERIAL # SD419124

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE PS123NCNA WW ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE TEMP KEEPS GOING BACL TO 31 OR 28 DEGREES

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the thermostat inside the refrigerator is all controlled by the damper assembly in the back of the refrigerator just below the ceiling. The thermostat is built into this part which allows the correct amount of air from the freezer to go into the refrigerator. If your refrigerator is too cold and you've turned all the setting warmer but things still freeze, you'd need to replace this part. Below is a link to the damper assembly with thermostat you'd need to order for your model. There is a picture of the damper assembly in the link below so if you're not sure of what part I'm referring to, you can remove everything out of the top shelf in the refrigerator and look at the back wall to see the part you need to replace.

CLICK HERE for damper assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?