Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer stopped during wash cycle and flashed "F47" Kenmore…

Customer Question
Washer stopped during wash...

Washer stopped during wash cycle and flashed "F47"

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kenmore Elite Smartwash HEstSteam

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number off the tag on the frame edge of the unit?

could not find

Well the The F47 Error code is not used and will not be seen unless the Diagnostic cycle was pressed "More Time, Less Time, More time Less time" then it will almost always come up.

1. Ensure the machine is Grounded at the wall plug.

2. Level the machine front to back and side to side. This will ensure that the clothing will tumble properly, making proper contact with the moisture sensor.

3. Clean the Moisture sensor bars of any films or dryer softener sheet buildup.

4. Replace the touchpad.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!