Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave just stopped working. Used in the morning, then…

Customer Question
Microwave just stopped working...

Microwave just stopped working. Used in the morning, then nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE JVM6175EK1ES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, Microwave is new. Installed 4-28-2017 in a new home.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The microwave is under the 1 year warranty from GE. Are you still wanting help to repair it yourself?

please

Thank you. Is it totally dead, no lights on at all?

Is the fee $24 either way

The call is $24 in addition to the question fee.

it is totally dead

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Provided you are certain the power to the microwave from the outlet is good, the fuse will need to be replaced. The fuse is mounted behind the control panel near the top of the microwave. You have to first remove the grille from above the door, there are screws that secure it at the top. Once off, there is a screw at the top of the control panel. Once that has been removed, lift the panel up and hinge it down. Of course, be sure the microwave is unplugged. The fuse is on the board shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!