Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an HE front load dryer, Kenmore, and getting F01

Customer Question
I have an HE...

I have an HE front load dryer, Kenmore, and getting F01 message when attempting to start it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model 110.C8708- 10 maybe 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The book says its needs service

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately that means the main board has failed, you can try unplugging the dryer for a few minutes plug it back up and start a cycle if you still get the F1 error the main board needs replacing. If you give me the full model number I may be able to give you the replacement part number for the board. Here is a video below that shows how to access and change the board, I know the video is of a duet dryer but it's the same procedure for your kenmore they are both made by whirlpool. click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson