Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile Harmony dryer won't turn on. It's as though it…

Customer Question
My GE Profile Harmony...

My GE Profile Harmony dryer won't turn on. It's as though it isn't receiving info from washer. I have tried to unplug it and plug it back in, disconnected the electronic connection cord and back. When I open the dryer door the light comes on so its not mechanical. By the way this is intermittent. I'll let the dryer sit for days then try it and it works???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes. It was purchased 1/14/04. DPGT750

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I can get it to turn it works fine.. This has not happened in a while. I would like to know if I can disconnect the dryer from the washer and operate it independently?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And DPGT750 is only about 1/2 of the full model number.

DPGT750GCPL
No

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model
.

Ok
Do you need model and serial number from the door?

I`n sorry this unit is so old ( over 7 years )that GE no longer supports in in there technical data base.

I will opt out so that hopefully some one else can assist you!

Ok. Will I be charged for this