Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool microwave is not working properly. It is Model…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool microwave is...

My Whirlpool microwave is not working properly. It is Model WMH53520CS-1, Serial TR43945469. Whenever i try to use it i get the message "Open/Close Door, Press Cook/Power. Nothing happens. Please advise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured in 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all i know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch causing that whole issue. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!