Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher has no power. G E model GDT545PSJ2SS. When I…

Customer Question
My dishwasher has no...

My dishwasher has no power

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

G E model GDT545PSJ2SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I hold down power button and system cycle button down the control panel comes on for ten seconds

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is an issue with your main control board which is located below the dishwasher behind the kick panel. The part number is ***** and you can try to reset your dishwasher by unplugging the dishwasher or flipping the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but if that doesn't work you'll need to just replace the control board. The part costs about $100 and below is a video on how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.