Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new KitchenAid model KSM 45 series and all the

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new KitchenAid model KSM 45 series and all the attachments work fine except for the Flex Edge beater. When I install that, it make a rattling noise as it rotates-- almost like it is not "set" when installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is brand new-- Model KSM153PSQOB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can--in the manual it says I could adjust the beater to bowl clearance, and I did that but it made no difference

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that the other attachments work fine-- could it be the flat edge beater is the problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The flex edge beater should scrap against the bowl , it that the noise your hearing ?

Or is is at the beater to mixer attachment point?