Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Grinding noise when operating, accompanied with burning

Customer Question
Grinding noise when operating...

Grinding noise when operating, accompanied with burning smell

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few minutes this is new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, otherwise, we have a local technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model is GE Profile dryer, 3950EL3007A, purchased in 2006.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think I just did that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

WHen you open the door you will see the model on the door or frame, it starts with 3-4 letters. The one listed is not it.

DPGT750EC2WW
Let’s try this by text. I am just trying you out and the fees keep piling on and I assume that the result is me calling a repair guy.
paying a $200 non refundable site visit
What happened to you?

I am here note there is a delay in response please only post once and until you hear from me do not post again as it only delays responses thanks

If the unit is grinding while running this could be a few things. There are 4 support rollers that support the drum and if any are seized it could cause that noise. The other thing would be a seized idler pulley with the belt rubbing on it. Lastly the blower wheel could be bad and damaged rubbing on the housing in the unit. Here is a picture of all of those things in the dryer, can you take it apart to check it out?...CLICK HERE

This is beyond my abilities.

OK I am sorry to hear that, if you need anything else just let me know. I know these units are complex now and not the easiest to work on.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!