Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 refrigerator. Ice maker stopped

Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 refrigerator. Ice...

Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 refrigerator. Ice maker stopped working. Replaced Ice maker. Water valve is okay. New Water filter. still will not iniate cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

S/N K20817079

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've done it so far but cannot get it to work

12/11/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

On that model it has a fan that pulls cold air from the freezer section to the ice make box if the fan is not running it will not get cold enough in the ice maker box for the ice maker to start a cycle. You need to check and see if that fan is running which it sounds like its not. The video below shows how to access and replace the fan:

click here for video

Here is the replacement fan:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Evaporator Fan

Part #: W10308033 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Fan is running
Display panel indicates that ice maker is on. ice bin arm is in down position.
I do not get any power reading between the H and N terminal on the ice maker. Does the main circuit board supply power to the ice maker?

Yes there is a thermal fuse in the wiring harness of the ice maker but ya the power is supplied from the board at position p3-4 see wiring diagram below:

click here for wiring diagram

If the ice maker is not getting voltage check the thermal fuse in the wiring harness first if its good then the board is not sending voltage.

Ice maker is new. New wiring harness with new thermal fuse

Ok then the board is bad or a bad wire from board to ice maker if there is no voltage

download the service sheet below and put the unit in service diagnostic mode and do test #37 and make sure the ice box thermistor is good:

click here to open/download service sheet

Joel Swenson