Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My JT 3000 SF2SS oven door won't close. It bumps against the…

Customer Question
Hello! my JT 3000...

Hello! my JT 3000 SF2SS oven door won't close. It bumps against the latch for the self-cleaning ove. I have tried shutting the oven down for 10 minutes but that doesn't work. Help! Mywife has to start Christmas stollen!!!.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Thank you, ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

A GE JT3000 SF2SS 20014 or 20015

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'll do it myself.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This should actually be a fairly easy issue to fix. When the door gets locked open, you just need to trick the door into thinking that it's shut. So open the door and locate the door/light switch around the frame of the oven. Push the door switch in and hold it so that the oven thinks the door is shut. Now just start a self clean cycle and wait 60 seconds. Then cancel the self clean cycle and the door lock should open. At that point you can let go of the light switch and the oven should work normally.

If that doesn't work, tape the door switch so it's pushed in and the oven thinks the door is shut. Then unplug the oven or turn power off at the breaker for 60 seconds and re-apply power and that will reset the latch if the latch hasn't failed.

As a last resort if none of that works, your latch has just failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

We had a technician come to the house yesterday and fix it. There was more wrong than we thought.Thanks for your reply but it was a latch problem.
***** *****

Aye unfortunately I had mentioned that if what I stated didn't work, the latch would need to be replaced unfortunately. Nothing you or I can control.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?